Free Brick Wall WordPress Theme
Brick Wall Blogger Theme

Here’s a brand new theme with some extra goodies thrown in. It is a widget ready theme that includes a top menu and a fun scrolling brick wall background. Click here to download this theme.
The first screen shot pictures exactly what the theme looks like. Notice that there is plenty of space in the header for you to add your own png or gif to personalize this WordPress theme to fit you. Please see my post on how to add images or buttons to your header for simple instructions on how to do this. Note: instructions are at the bottom of the post.

I’ve included a sample header image in the zip folder that you can use if desired as well as free social icon buttons. See the example image of what your blog can look like if you choose to use the icons and the header image I’ve included. You can view my post on how to add scrolling buttons to your theme for instructions. Note: the instructions are toward the bottom of the post. You can always feel free to leave a comment or contact me if you have questions or need any help with adding buttons or images.

After saving the zip folder to your computer, you can either upload the zip folder directly to your blog through your WordPress dashboard, or you can unzip the folder, and upload the theme folder itself to your sites ftp folder. Make sure to save it in your themes folder.

As always, feel free to contact me if you are interested in a completely customized and personalized WordPress or Blogger theme.

© 2009 – 2011, reflectingthedesigner.com. All rights reserved.

Tressa
May 20th, 2010 at 11:06 am

Is your free downloads GPL ?

June 12th, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but I’m not sure quite what you are asking. It’s a free theme I designed that is open source, so you are of course welcome to change things around as desired in the code. I can’t really stop anyone from doing that, and don’t really care to. Hope that helps.

September 7th, 2010 at 12:17 am

Found your site looking for rustic social icons (thanks for the icons btw) then saw your theme here. Rare to find such decent themes for free anywhere, nice.

September 7th, 2010 at 1:37 am

I’m glad you like the icons and the theme. I just made a WP 3 compatible theme, and am working on another rustic type theme that is also WP3 compatible. I’ll hopefully be able to upload it in a few days.

GRM
December 25th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

I was looking for a theme with a brick banner not thinking that something better might exist. Your theme is better than I hoped for with the brick sidebars, So much better than what I was looking for in the first place. Thank you.

December 25th, 2010 at 8:52 pm

I’m so glad that you like it. It’s an older theme, so it doesn’t have all of the cool features of WP3 but I hope to be putting out some new ones soon.

Diane
March 24th, 2011 at 5:28 pm

You’ve got great info here – thank you for being so generous with what you know! I’d like to use this brick wall theme but tweak it a bit with Artisteer. Do you know if there is a way to import a theme into Artisteer to edit it?

March 24th, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Hi Diane,

The free themes are free to use, but there is no way to pull an exported theme into Artisteer. Besides, I’m not quite sure why you’d even want to, as you can simple recreate the same thing using Artisteer yourself. I’m sure you’ll be able to come up with something similar.

April 4th, 2011 at 7:20 am

I am using wordpress to do the site and I made sure my icons are loaded through the ftp at that site but I am not sure how to find the url to the images. Could you let me know how to do that? Also, I am trying to use the brick wall theme and would like to add a top photo slideshow like in the Professional Grunge theme, is that possible? Thanks!

April 4th, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Hi Tina, I can’t tell you where your icons are at since I didn’t put them up. However, if you uploaded them to your ftp, then they are somewhere within your theme folders most likely. Do you have an ftp client? If so, you can just look through the folders until you find them. Once you do, you’ll know the path. I like to upload mine directly into the images folder of my theme. So, my path is http://mysite.com/wp-content/themes/theme-name/images/socialicon.png. Obviously, I didn’t put all of the specifics in, but that should get you started in the right direction.

As far as adding a slider to the header of the brick wall theme, it depends upon the slider you want to use. Most plugins have instructions or php code for you to copy and paste within the header. Meteor Slides has a very small snippet you can easily add. For this particular theme which was done with a previous version of Artisteer, you’ll need to insert the code within the page.php file and the one-column.php file. You’ll see the header is still laid out in the same way within these files, so just put it within the main header div and above the logo divs.

Ken
June 7th, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Hi

I installed your theme on my WordSpace, and so far I love it.
Once thing that I want to modify is that the location of title at top right of the site.
How can I change the code so that I can bring the title to left top (and move images on header to right)?

Sincerely

June 8th, 2011 at 8:43 am

That’s really simple to do. Simply go into your style.css file (by clicking on Edit under Appearance in the Dashboard), and change the alignment of the text under the logo. You’ll find it just below the code for the header. You can change the image by looking for the header object, and changing the margin from the left to right.

Piotr Pawlak
July 24th, 2011 at 3:26 pm

hi.
really cool template. I have a question. How do you insert those social tags on the left side of the screen? Did you also made a tutorial about it and I’ve missed it somewhere? can you help me with this one.
thanks
Piotr

December 25th, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Hi Jen,

I have been successfully using your Professional Grunge theme on another site and now would like to do a site for my husband’s masonry business. My question – is there a way to have more theme options like the ones in the Professional Grunge theme? Things like more widget areas and options to remove the Page Titles? I like brick look but the functionality of the Pro Grunge theme is much better. Thanks! Tina

December 27th, 2011 at 1:02 am

This is actually Sarah (the designer). I did the brick theme a LONG time ago, so it’s for a much older version of WP and doesn’t have all of the same functionality because of that. I’m going to work on updating some of my older free themes when I get the chance, but am pretty swamped with other priorities right now.

alex geertsema
July 21st, 2012 at 9:43 am

hey there,
I love ure theme!
But i have one question about it.
Is it possible i remove the horizontal page links right below the banner?
I just whant to use a vertical menu on the left site and think also have the links on the top is a little to much.

Beste regards Alex.

August 26th, 2012 at 9:47 pm

That’s the menu, so you could remove those but it would take some coding tweaks as well as css tweaks to remove the menu bar itself. To use the vertical menu, simply choose Vertical Menu from the Widget Area. It is a very old theme, so it doesn’t have all of the nice features that some of my newer themes do which have upgraded to match the WordPress upgrades.