Yes, I have a new WordPress theme to give you, and this one has a lot of added goodies included. Who couldn’t use a little touch of the summer sun right about now! First, of all, it’s WP3.04 compliant, and works really well with the custom menus, featured images, and theme options. One of the things I love about the newest version of WordPress is the ability to choose and change widget styles. This theme contains three widget styles, and you can see all of them functioning on the demo site. (as of December 31, 2010). So, what is included in this new theme?
- Widgets: It’s widget ready with valid xhtml and is WP 3.4 compliant. It includes space for two widget areas above the post, two widget areas below the post, widget spaces in the side bar, and four dynamic footer widget areas.
- Page Templates: It includes both a two column page template and a single column page template.
- Horizontal Menu: It includes a multilevel horizontal menu which can display all pages or a WordPress custom menu.
- Vertical Menu: It includes a multilevel vertical menu widget which can either pull all categories, pages, or a WordPress custom menu.
- Favicon: It has a cute little wavy favicon. If it doesn’t show up, ensure that you don’t have another favicon image in your site’s main folder already.
- Social Icons: I’ve thrown in some great social icon images courtesy of Quake9.com (there are almost 30 popular social icons to choose from.)
- Banner Ad Holders: I’ve also included a 125 x 125 advertisement holder as well as a 600 x 125 ad holder should you like to incorporate them into your site.
- Download and save the zip folder to your computer.
- You can either unzip the folder and manually upload the theme via an ftp server, or you can add the zip folder directly to your site via your WP Dashboard.
- Included in your folder is an icon folder where you can find all of your social icons.
- The advertisement badges are located in your theme’s image folder.
- Please note, all of your pages will automatically populate the menu, so you’ll have to make edits in your WordPress Custom Menu to display the pages, categories, and navigation titles desired.
- Please leave my credits and site link in the footer should you choose to use this theme.
Enjoy, and please contact me if you have any questions or comments regarding this theme. Below are some images of this theme just in case you find this after I’ve already taken it off of my test platform.
This is the main page demonstrating the default, two column page template.
This is a page demonstrating the use of a single column page template, and showing what a menu item with submenus looks like on hover.
This is what the footer looks like with multiple widgets added. Again, widgets can be styled individually. I’ve also done two posts on how to manually edit the styling of your widgets or add even more styles. You’ll also see just a few of the social icon imagess that are included in this theme. In this example, I just added them to a simple text widget into the footer.
© 2010 – 2011, reflectingthedesigner.com. All rights reserved.