Creating a Secondary Horizontal Menu Holder

Having two separate horizontal menus for your WordPress theme can be extremely helpful, especially if you have a lot of content that needs to be organized. I wanted to highlight some of my static pages and most important content in a large menu above everything else, but also have easy navigation for all of my categories in another horizontal menu. Here are detailed instructions for how you can do the same thing. This is specifically for those using Artisteer 3 generated themes for WordPress. If you are still confused about custom menus in general, please see my post on Organization of your WordPress Site.

To create two menus, you’ll first of all need to actually design two menus in Artisteer.
1.) Design your main template as desired. I did the main theme with the top menu design first, saved, and exported it. This will be the theme that you actually upload to your site.

2.) Then create a second template in Artisteer from that just changing the menu to match the design you want for your second menu (I wanted mine sitting in the sheet just above the content). Save and export that template as well, and maybe title it menu so you don’t save over your regular theme.

3.) Go into the new exported theme you just created (secondary menu template), and rename all of your menu related images and place them inside of your main template image folder. For example, for nav.png rename it nav2.png, and for menuitem.png rename it 2menuitem.png or something like that. The name is really up to you, but just make it makes sense to you.

4.) In your main templates function.php file, find the following line of code:

if (function_exists('register_nav_menus')) {
register_nav_menus(array('primary-menu' => __( 'Primary Navigation', THEME_NS)));

Just copy and paste the line that says register_nav… and replace the words ‘primary-menu’ and ‘Primary Navigation’ with ‘secondary-menu’ and ‘Secondary Navigation’. So, the whole thing should look like this:

if (function_exists('register_nav_menus')) {
register_nav_menus(array('secondary-menu' => __( 'Secondary Navigation', THEME_NS)));

5. ) Go to the Header.php of your main template, and now add the code for your navigation where you want it. A simple hint, just copy and paste the code from your menu template’s header.php into the same location of your main template’s Header.php file.

IMPORTANT: You’ll need to rename the div class so that it doesn’t just use the same style as your primary menu, and your code will most likely look a little different than what is below. DO NOT Copy and paste this code, but modify your own using this as an example. So, below is an example of what the code might look like. I changed all of the references to “nav” to “nav2″ and the menu class to “menu2.” Also, I of course made sure to replace the reference to “primary-menu” to “secondary-menu.”

<div class="nav2">
    	<div class="nav2-l"></div>
    	<div class="nav2-r"></div>
        <div class="nav2-outer">
        <div class="nav2-wrapper">
        <div class="nav2-inner">
<?php
echo art_get_menu(array(
'source' => art_get_option('art_menu_source'),
'depth' => art_get_option('art_menu_depth'),
'menu' => 'secondary-menu',
'class' => 'art-menu2'
);
</div>

6.) Now, copy the style css related to your menu from your Menu Theme, and paste it into a text editor such as Notepad. You’ll need to go through and make sure your names all match the new names you gave to your div class in the code above as well as the images need to match the new names you gave to them. Your code will probably be pretty long. It will start with

/* begin Menu */ and you can see how I edited just the first part to make it match my code.

/* begin Secondary Menu */
/* secondary menu structure */
.art-menu2 a, .art-menu2 a:link, .art-menu2 a:visited, .art-menu2 a:hover

So for example, every time you see menu, make sure to change it to menu2 and every time you see nav, change it to nav2. Once all your edits are done, copy and paste the code directly into your main theme’s stylesheet. Don’t forget to change the image url names as well to match your renamed images.

Another Big Note: If you are using more recent versions of Artisteer, you may not have the “art” prefix or you may have chosen your own prefix. That’s why it’s important to mimic the code given in your own exported template rather than just copying from this. These are given as examples to help you learn how to edit your own code. Also, the newer version of Artisteer puts out “hmenu” instead of just menu, so you’ll need to note that as well.

Finally, just create a new custom menu in your WordPress Dashboard and select and save that menu for your Secondary Menu. That’s all there is to it!

© 2011, reflectingthedesigner.com. All rights reserved.

L
February 24th, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Thank you so much for your tutorials! I was wondering if you could write one on how to do this for Joomla instead of WP. I can’t seem to find a solution for this.
Thank you!!!
L

February 24th, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Thanks for the comment. I actually only work with WordPress and Blogger, so I’m not familiar with how to do this in Joomla. Best of luck, though.

L
February 27th, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Hi I was wondering what extension you use in your header for the image to slide. Thanks

February 27th, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Hi L,

I am currently using Smooth Slider (you can see my posts of review on it by clicking on the Plugins tab beneath WordPress tips). However, I’m really considering going with Meteor Slides which I’ve used on some other sites instead as getting the text styling settings to cooperate is a pain. Meteor Slides doesn’t have a text option (image only), but it has a lot of other features I like better primarily it’s usability and flexibility to add/edit images to the slideshow as well as the ease of which you can use different slideshows. It also still allows your images to have specific links as well. I’d recommend going with them unless you really want to use it as a featured post slider.

L
February 28th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Thanks I’ll check it out… hopefully these extensions are available for Joomla which is the CMS I’m using!

ramaswamy
April 5th, 2011 at 1:54 am

can you please explain how to do in twentyten theme wp-3.1. I tried , but theme showing a message
Your theme supports 1 menu.

actually i want two menus, one is top of the header, two is in the bellow header.

I am searching but not getting.

Thanks ,
Rama

April 5th, 2011 at 2:13 am

Hi Rama,

This tutorial is specific to Artisteer generated themes. However, the same basic principles apply. Did you follow all of the instructions? If so, did you find any that didn’t apply or that didn’t work?

April 14th, 2011 at 8:00 am

I am trying do have 2 menus. In the first paragraph of “Creating a Secondary Horizontal Menu Holder” you mention Artisteer 3. I have Artisteer 2.6. I don’t see a 3 on the Artisteer site. My Header.php files (primary&secondary) do not contain the code you mention. Am I missing something?

April 14th, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Hi Roy, the code setup in v2.6 is quite a bit different than three. V3 is still beta, but they have cleaned up most of the bugs. I’ve used it for several sites now including my current site and have had no problems. You can find it in the Artisteers News section.

April 15th, 2011 at 11:40 am

I Am really Impressed With your Site’s design actually what i was searching that is not in this topic i need to change the vertical menu of worldfree4u.com into horizontal..

But your web design is Awesome so thought to leave a comment if you can help me to making it horizontal then please reply me at

kailashkumarbti@gmail.com

Samey..

May 8th, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Thank you so much for the tutorials. However, as I am trying to the follow the steps here to add a secondary menu to the site I am working at (wordpress.mpaustin.org), I got lost. Having little knowledge of PHP and jQuery, it literally makes me wondering in a jungle of codes to figure out what to do.

In Step 5 you mentioned that the secondary menu should be included in the Header.php. I found out it isn’t the case in the theme I created using Artister 3-I might be wrong. I tried to trace out where it is in other pages, I think it might be located in a jQuery file, which makes it impossible for me to figure out what to do next.

I am in urgent need to make the site finished in about a week or so. Would you be so kind to help me out? If you can, pls email me at szkswy@gmail.com.

I volunteered to do this to help a ministry, so I can’t afford to recompense you anything. But if you happen to travel around our city, I would like to treat you a lunch or dinner…:)

May 8th, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Your primary menu will be in the header. You need to include the code for the secondary menu in the header as well where you want it to be displayed. The header php just lists out in order the elements of your main page, the header, menu, and logo. You’ll notice that if you created your menu above the header in Artisteer, it should be sitting above the header divs, and if it’s below the header, it will be sitting below the logo code.

September 17th, 2011 at 5:01 am

I found your site from the link on the Artisteer site. I enjoy your tutorials very much. They make a great program even better!

Tailung
October 24th, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Great tutorial. This is what I was looking for, almost ;)

I want to have a secondary menu, with different menu items, depending on the section of the website active?

Like when you are in the Store section. The secondary menu shows a store menu.
When you are in the Blog section. The secondary menu shows a blog menu.

Do you get this?
Is there any way to accomplish that? With artisteer or manually.

October 24th, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Yes, there definitely is. You would need to create a new page template as well as a new header file. (Basically copy your current page template, just add the little php snippet that tells WP it’s a new page, and rename it.) Then, in that new page template, you would call to your new header. In the header file, you would replace the primary menu code with the secondary menu code. So, any page that you choose that new page template for will only show that secondary menu rather than the primary one. I was already planning to do a tutorial on page templates soon, so I will explain it a little better.

October 9th, 2012 at 12:43 am

Hey… How can i use that on my site ? PLease need a help… and another problem i am facing is that even if there is image in the post, it still shows no image on the homepage.. then i had to add array of default images , but that doesnt look good

October 9th, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about referring to images on the home page. This post is dealing with secondary menus. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific.

November 22nd, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Hi… I tried to do this but I encountered many problems. First I couldn’t rename the image files and I couldn’t drag them to the folder of the theme that I am trying to upload to the server. So then I decided well maybe I can just go ahead and enter the command for getting the secondary menu in the functions.php file. When I tried that an error message came back that said “syntax error on line 47″. I can see how this will work however I was just not able to do it. Is there anyway to select multiple horizontal menus in the artisteer program? I really need to have more than one horizontal menu for the website I am trying to design. Thanks

November 22nd, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Donna, a couple of things that will help you.

You should easily be able to add the functions line before doing anything else. Did you copy your primary menu code exactly as I detailed? To copy that code (from your own site), and paste it directly below should work just fine. You just need to be sure to rename any instances of “Primary” to “Secondary.” If you see an error message, you need to find out what’s causing the error. Do you have an extra space? Did you accidentally delete a quotation mark, etc? The secondary menu code should look identical to the one above it except that it has changed “primary” to “secondary.”

To rename an image, simply open up your images folder and right click on the image you want to change. You should have a “rename” option. Click that, rename your image and save it.

If there were a way to simply call two menus from Artisteer itself, I wouldn’t have made this post. ;) Hope this helps.

November 22nd, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Thanks for the fast reply! and yea actually I did figure out that I got the quotation marks messed up. So I am going to try it again with renaming the images. :-)

November 22nd, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Glad you got it figured out. :)

November 22nd, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Wow, I hadn’t looked at the post when I replied to the comment, and I realized that it stripped some of the code out! I just made some fixes, so if you happen to be on right now make sure to refresh your screen so you can use the updated version.

December 27th, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I found your site with easy, looking for a simple tip to add the secondary menu. Thank you for the info. Worked like a charm.

Mark
February 25th, 2012 at 6:54 am

Hi there, I’m trying to add a second menu to my artisteer generated theme (new ver) and I am facing some difficulties, can you help?

February 28th, 2012 at 8:28 pm

What exact difficulties are you facing? Can you give me a few more details?

lance
February 29th, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Hi, love your designs, your site, and your tips. This is the most creative and useful information I have found! Thank you so much for the helpful information.
I have tried this, and after finally finding my error, got the secondary menu to work, using artisteer3. My question is, on your current design, is that two header images? the white one up top and the green one just below that? or, how did you get the green strip up there? Is that just part of the background?
Thanks in advance!

February 29th, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Thanks, Lance. The header is simply a repeating graphic. There are a few different ways you could go about this. It could be a repeating background image done directly in Artisteer (especially since their is no gradient to the page color itself). Or you could create a repeating header image (the texture) in Artisteer doing the same thing. I created a header image that repeats, then the two scrolling images on the sides separately and aligned them to the sides of the screen so that when the screen is a different size they will always appear in the top corners. Note, that I always replace the exported Aristeer image with a smaller repeatable graphic in order to increase the download speed. Sometimes you don’t need to worry about the code being affected such as using it for a background image. However, if you do this for the header you just need to make sure that the css is set to repeat: x; Hope that helps.

March 12th, 2012 at 7:35 am

Hi Sarah,

Thank you very much for your tutorials on how to make adjustments in WordPress, getting Artisteer designs up and running.

I have followed your instructions on adding a second menu, but cannot get it to work properly.

I have at this point the main menu below the header (as it should be) and the second menu in the footer. The second menu should be on top of the first menu just below the header.

I have added the second “nav2″ in the header.php above the first menubar. And I have changed all the instances of nav to nav2 and hmenu to hmenu2 and also changed the image names.

One thing that is not changing in the WordPress dashboard when setting up the second menu, is that it keeps saying ‘Footer navigation’, but I don’t know if this is the ‘issue’.

I hope you still read the comments on your post, since it has been a while that you have posted it.

March 12th, 2012 at 7:57 am

Do you mean that in the Menu Panel in your dashboard it lists it as “footer menu?” Did you copy the current menu code in the functions php as directed and label it “secondary” menu instead of primary? Make sure to do that part first and make it match the primary menu code exactly with the exception of switching out the instances of primary with secondary. After saving, go directly into the menu options in your dashboard, and you should see a secondary menu field. If not, go back into the functions and check that everything is as it should be. Once you see the secondary menu space in the Menu panel of the dashboard, you can add the nav information to teh header.php file. Be sure that you close all your tags appropriately. Also, be sure that your css is accurate. That’s about all the help I can give you without seeing your actual code.

March 12th, 2012 at 8:07 am

Hi Sarah,

Wow, thank you so much for replying so soon! I will do a fresh start and follow your instructions as you mentioned in your reply and will come back to you after that.

The only thing I did differently is that I added a templates folder in the themes folder where I copied the header.php, function.php and styl.css to. I changed the files in this templates folder. I learned from another tutorial that this way I create a child theme, which will not change when changes to the theme itself are made.

Is this correct? Or do I have to change it in the original files?

March 12th, 2012 at 8:12 am

Yes, technically that’s correct. However, are you wanting to add the change to the main site’s theme or the child theme? There might be an issue with those templates you created. Did you add functionality for a “footer menu” in any of the new templates you created? It might be trying to pull that.

March 12th, 2012 at 8:12 am

In answer to your question; yes I meant exactly what you said. I have tried it with keeping the ‘footer-menu’ in and also with removing it.

My code looks like this when I add the secondary menu to it:

if (function_exists(‘register_nav_menus’)) {
register_nav_menus(array(‘primary-menu’ => __( ‘Primary Navigation’, THEME_NS),
register_nav_menus(array(‘secondary-menu’ => __( ‘Secondary Navigation’, THEME_NS),
‘footer-menu’ => __( ‘Footer Navigation’, THEME_NS)
));

}

March 12th, 2012 at 8:32 am

So, you are saying that before adding the secondary menu the footer one was already there, or does it appear after you put the secondary code in? Try the followng two things to see if they work: First, try removing just the part that says “regsiter_nav_menus(array” of the secondary menu so that it looks just like the footer navigation one does. Make sure to keep the part starting with (‘secondary-… the same, though including the comma at the end.

If that doesn’t work, then try adding the “register_nav part (identical to the first two) to the footer nav part as well to see if that does the trick. Quick question for you, too. Does the footer navigation actually show up at all in the theme? Did you add this part in yourself somewhere?

March 12th, 2012 at 8:18 am

When I add the secondary-menu line, as I pasted above this reply, I get errors in WordPress, telling me that this line in the code is wrong.

Can I upload anything to you?

March 12th, 2012 at 8:39 am

Hi Sarah,

The footer part was already there. I have tried all the variations you talk about in your reply, but every time I get a window with error messages.

I have tried to get this thing working now for 2 weeks and I am getting so frustrated about it. I think it will be something minor I oversee, but am not able to see where/what it is.

Can I upload anything to you, or put it up somewhere and give you access, so you can have a glimp at the code?

March 12th, 2012 at 8:46 am

Sorry you are having so much difficulty with it. Code can be a bear to weed through sometimes. I wish I could help further, but I’m right in the middle of a few big projects right now that require my time. Is this an Artisteer generated theme? It seems that there is more than one reference to that footer menu. You might want to try to edit the other templates to see what happens. Hope you are able to get it working soon.

March 12th, 2012 at 8:52 am

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your respond. Yes, it is an Artisteer theme. I have tried adjusting other themes as well.

Can you direct me to somebody who can help me out for now. You were kind of my last resort at this moment. (I am sorry if I sound so frustrated).

March 12th, 2012 at 9:13 am

Hi Sarah,

I just managed to get the second menu in :-) I needed to both change the header and functions to get through the error messages.

The code in the functions.php looks now like this:

if (function_exists(‘register_nav_menus’)) {
register_nav_menus(array(‘primary-menu’ => __( ‘Primary Navigation’, THEME_NS),
‘secondary-menu’ => __( ‘Secondary Navigation’, THEME_NS),
‘footer-menu’ => __( ‘Footer Navigation’, THEME_NS)
));

}

The only thing I did different now, was also removing the (array( part in the second line, which I had not done before.

So, I will make the changes in the style.css now and hope that everything works as it should than.

Thank you for your help and good luck on your projects.

March 12th, 2012 at 9:26 am

So glad you figured it out.

david
March 21st, 2012 at 5:18 pm

hi sarah got a lot of knowledge on your website, can you help me to blindly horizontal menu in the widget. Assuming I already have a custom widget menu because the default vertical menu.

sorry bad english

March 25th, 2012 at 10:17 pm

David, I’m a little confused at what you are trying to accomplish. The steps from this tutorial are designed to help you create a second horizontal menu while still allowing you to keep your vertical menu in tact. You add the menu items to your secondary horizontal menu from the Menu’s Panel under Appearance in the Dashboard. I can’t imagine how changing the Vertical Menu widget to Horizontal would be helpful, and frankly it would be so much work to do, it’s much easier to follow my steps listed above.

May 27th, 2012 at 12:32 am

Can i make that menu in blogger?

Sarah
May 27th, 2012 at 5:41 am

This is a WordPress specific tutorial. The code needed for blogger would be far different.

June 21st, 2012 at 9:03 am

cheers for this m8 have been trying to activate the menu option in my wordpress theme for the past few hours, thought i was gona be stuck with having to edit the menu in my website html every time i needed to add or change a nav.

July 5th, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I’m having a dickens of a time getting this to work. I followed your instructions to the T but there is some code that doesn’t jive. I’m guessing this is because I believe Artisteer has been upgraded since you wrote this tutorial? One part is the footer part someone mentioned above…and the other part is in the header.php file, which looks like this on my original Artisteer-generated theme (FF is the theme specific prefix I chose for my site FresnoFamily.com):

theme_get_option(‘theme_menu_source’),
‘depth’ => theme_get_option(‘theme_menu_depth’),
‘menu’ => ‘primary-menu’,
‘class’ => ‘FF-hmenu’
);
?>

When I try to add this, adjusting to the secondary menu specifics…I get the menu bar running the entire length of my page…repeating indefinitely.

Not sure what to do at this point. I’m not a coder, so I don’t know what I’m looking at here. I can follow instructions pretty well, but when the code varies, I’m just lost.

July 5th, 2012 at 11:57 pm

For some reason it didn’t paste all the code, lets try this again:

theme_get_option(‘theme_menu_source’),
‘depth’ => theme_get_option(‘theme_menu_depth’),
‘menu’ => ‘primary-menu’,
‘class’ => ‘FF-hmenu’
);
?>

July 5th, 2012 at 11:58 pm

OK apparently its something to do with not usingtags around it to keep it from stripping it…3rd time’s the charm?

theme_get_option('theme_menu_source'),
'depth' => theme_get_option('theme_menu_depth'),
'menu' => 'primary-menu',
'class' => 'FF-hmenu'
);
?>

July 6th, 2012 at 12:03 am

OK apparently I’m doing something wrong because its STILL stripping the code. Here’s a screen capture of the code: http://fresnofamily.com/code.jpg

July 6th, 2012 at 9:58 am

Tina,

The first thing I noticed is that you still have “primary” menu listed when it should be changed to whatever your new menu is called. I suggest secondary menu. The class should be fine as long as you have separate styling with that specific class name in your css file. The key to this is to copy and paste your current code and make changes as necessary (such as changing the names of the menu and the class). Everyone’s theme is going to be a little different and of course Artisteer versions differ. That’s why copying and pasting from your own code will work best.

July 17th, 2012 at 1:23 am

Hi Sarah,

I am working on a WP Parament theme for someone. I want to put a custom menu in the footer above the footer credits and also add a copyright to the footer credits too.

The theme only allowed for one menu so I created a custom menu called Footer1. I have successfully created a custom menu and assigned the pages to it. I even got it to show up in the footer but it is vertically aligned as a list. I want it to show up as a horizontal menu. I am not a coder but I have searched and searched and I even unfortunately got the white screen of death from playing with the code.

For this theme, there is the usual stylesheet and also the functions but it also has its own footer.php file too. So…how do I get the footer to be horizontal (pages I have assigned to the Footer1 custom menu are called privacy policy, press, disclaimer, sitemap)? What code do I need and where do I put it.

Also, how do I add the copyright to the existing credits?

I read through all the comments here but could not see a solution.

Thanks for your assistance. :-)

Eileen.

Robert
October 1st, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Great tutorial :)
I have one question:
Is this possible: I want to create three menus on my themes:
2 below header and 1 above.
And if answear is yes, what name give that 3 menu?
Primary, secondary and third?

October 9th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

You could always call it tertiary (meaning third). Hope that helps.

Monique
October 2nd, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Hello Sarah,

1st I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this. This type of tips are just so useful. I was able to add a second menu following your instructions, which i have been trying to do for months.

What i now want to do is split a menu bar, where some menu items are right aligned and others are left aligned. Would you be able to help?

From reading some post in the WordPress forum, I tried setting the CSS Classes field in the menu settings, by adding ‘alignright’ or ‘alignleft’ (with no quotes) , but it does not do anything. Yet, in the forum many people had success. I think that there is something in the Artisteer theme that prevents it from working.

I would like to know our thoughts and advise on this.

October 9th, 2012 at 9:05 pm

There shouldn’t be anything in Artisteer that’s preventing it. You can add both menus, and have them positioned in the same place vertically than use the align right or left for them. You’ll notice that an exported Artisteer file’s css automatically gives an alignment to the menu. Just change it for the one you want to be in the opposite place. It might help to see it more clearly by creating a file with the menu aligned to the right. Hope that helps.

October 9th, 2012 at 10:43 am

Hello Sarah,
I am very new to all of these so please bare with me. I duplicated my second template and move my header bar to inside the sheet but under the header. My other menu bar is configured inside the sheet but above my header. Make sense?

Then I went into my zip folder of theme 2 and went into the images folder. I changed menuitem.png to 2menuitem.png and I also changed nav.png t nav2. png. But when your instructions say: 3.) Go into the new exported theme you just created (secondary menu template), and rename all of your menu related images and place them inside of your main template image folder.

I don’t understand when you say rename all of your menu related images and also how to place them inside of your main template image folder. Can you please explain in a more detail for a beginner like me? I am using MAC Version 3.1.0.56366 and also have Templateer added on.

I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!
Kimberly

October 9th, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I think you received my email on this.

October 9th, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Hi Sarah,
I posted the recommended code in my function.php file, but when I go and save it I get this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’, expecting ‘)’ in /home/kimmie33/public_html/wp-content/themes/SecondMenuSSD/functions.php on line 102

October 9th, 2012 at 9:00 pm

So, it looks like it’s saying that you have a semicolon where there should be a paranthesis. Be sure that you look at the code very carefully to ensure that you didn’t make any errors. The key is to make it look like the primary menu code only with a different name.

DavidM
December 1st, 2012 at 10:38 am

Would it be possible to combine this tutorial with the widgetised sidebar in header tutorial – ie can the 2nd horizontal menu be placed in a sidebar within the header area?

What I am trying to achieve is to have the 2nd menu as a transparent menu in the middle of the header, somewhat like the one in this Karma theme:

Or would it be easier to just position the 2nd menu with CSS, if so how?

Any advice appreciated on bringing these two excellent tutorials together.

DavidM
December 2nd, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Sorted – just changed the .nav property:

.art-cnav
{
position: absolute;
top: 50px;
left: 600px;

And in the header.php put the custom menu stuff after the art-header-clip div.

April 8th, 2013 at 1:20 am

I was so excited about this tutorial but it’s not working. I followed all the instructions precisely. However, when I upload the theme, everything goes blank. I can’t even access my wordpress dashboard, it’s just blank. I don’t know what the problem is. I suspect I’m not doing something right with the code in functions.php but I’m not sure how to fix it. I’m sorry to bother you.

Diane
June 25th, 2013 at 8:51 am

I have been using this tutorial for ages now and has always worked really well, now i am using artisteer 4 and created the template for the two navs but when looking at the header.php code i cannot see where the code is for the menus are. Would you be able to guild me as to whether or not i need to change the header.php file. thanks