I’ve been working on updating some of my older free themes with fresh new designs and most importantly fresh new features! I’ve just created a brand new Tropical Paradise theme ready for you to download that would be perfect for a resort website or a vacation blog! So, if you are currently using the old Tropical Paradise Theme that was previously posted here, you may want to consider a free upgrade for a bright new look and tons of great features!
- One and Two Column Page Templates.
- Widget Ready containing widget spaces above the post, below the the post area, sidebar, header (in “photo” slot where current slider is located on the demo site), and four widget spaces available in the footer. Note, because these four spaces are dynamic, you can use one which will cover the entire space up to four that are evenly divided.
- Fancy Font used for Title and Headings.
- Customizable Theme Options on the Theme’s Options page in the dashboard which allows you to change the featured image sizes, sidebar default styling, post excerpt options, footer link and text options, spaces for ads, and much more.
- Horizontal and Vertical Menu Spaces. Make sure to create your menus within the Menu Panel underneath Appearance in your Dashboard. You can easily drag and drop menu items and subitems into place here, change the navigation titles, and much more. Make sure you choose the desired menu you created to set as your “Primary Menu” for the horizontal menu area. To use the vertical menu, you can simply drag the Vertical Menu Widget into your desired location into one of the sidebar areas, and populate it with either pages, categories, or a custom menu you have created within the Menu Panel.
Plugin Recommendations for this Theme:
- Meteor Slides for use in the header. This will allow you to easily add or remove images from the slider as well as add a link to each image and adjust the transition elements. Please note, that the image size which works best for the header area whether used in a slider or just inserted into a text widget is 485 x 295. Note: You don’t need this to be a slider. You can simply use another widget in this area or simply add an image into a text widget.
- Widget Logic: This allows you to choose which pages, posts, or categories you want to display or hide certain widgets. This is a great feature if you want to use a different slider or image on each page of the theme.
- Simply click here to download the zip file of this theme. Note: I’ve also included a couple of sample images that can be used within the header.
- Either upload the zipped folder through your WordPress Dashboard by clicking on the Theme’s Tab underneath Appearance.
- Or, unzip the folder and manually upload the theme to your wp-contents folder using an FTP client.
- Remember to go into Menus under the Appearance Tab in your Dashboard to set your Primary Menu. Also, make sure to go to Theme Options within the Appearance Tab as well to set your theme defaults as desired.
Below are some images of this theme. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about this theme, and let me know if would like any custom design work done for this theme or others.
© 2011, reflectingthedesigner.com. All rights reserved.