- WordPress Tutorials
- Artisteer Tips
- Add Button Class to Widget
- Add Style to Text Widget
- Add a Sidebar in the Header
- Create Custom Post Header
- Create Unique Page Template
- Create Secondary Menu
- Create Styled Donate Button
- Create Widget Style – Part 1
- Create Widget Style – Part 2
- Hide Category Titles
- Styling Featured Image
- Styling Sheet Borders
- Using Theme Options
- Design Tips and Tricks
- Recent Projects
Social ToolBar Pro Premium WordPress Plugin
After searching extensively for a better WordPress plugin tool that integrates both bookmarking and sharing in one system across all social networks, I think I might have finally found what I’ve been looking for! I’ve been wanting a comprehensive WordPress plugin whose performance would consistently be smooth and accurate. If you are like me, you’ve probably grown tired of “liked” or “tweeted” posts and pages not showing up accurately in the count located beside their buttons, having to use multiple button code or plugins, or trying to edit the styling which is usually clunky, limited, and cluttered.
There are tons of WordPress plugins available that range from poor to decent in their ability to integrate social networking into sites. I’ve tried numerous versions of these plugins myself, and have found a few solid ones that I’ve come to use on a regular basis such as Sexy Bookmarks (used on my site before I just made the switch to Social Toolbar Pro) as well as the LockerZ plugin, AddToAny. These, like all plugins have their limitations or irritations, though as mentioned above.
That’s when I found Social Toolbar Pro! I was excited to finally find a social networking sharing and bookmarking tool that is both intuitive as well as clean and professional. Simply put, Social Toolbar Pro just works! The performance is smooth and accurate, and the look is clean and uncluttered. Be sure to check out their live demo to see the customization in action.
This is just a basic rundown of a few of the features I especially love.
- The ability to add linked bookmark icons for all social networks available (if you don’t see the one you want, you can even upload your own image and link.
- Automatic posting of your most recent tweet if desired.
- The ability to share individual pages, post, or home page through Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Pinterest.
- Simple and intuitive customization of colors, icons, and positioning so that it actually compliments your site rather than clashing with it.
- The bar can be positioned either at the top or bottom of the page so that it’s always visible yet not overwhelming and also includes the ability to minimize the bar so it’s out of the way if desired.
- The option to choose from letting viewers “like” your website, webpage, or Facebook Fan Page.
- Did I mention that it just works???
Because this plugin is in regular development, I’m secure in knowing it will only improve. A couple of improvements I’d love to see down the pipeline are the following:
- The ability to have a vertical toolbar perhaps
- The ability to have icons beneath each post individually and/or in the toolbar, too.
Now, I do have to mention that you get what you pay for. They do have a free version of this plugin, but it does have some limitations on style, positioning, and a few sharing options. However, a single license is only $25 for the Pro-Version and well worth the expense in my opinion! They also have multi-site and developer licensing packages available. To find out more details, visit the Social Toolbar Pro Website.
I recently purchase the pro version for a client’s site that I’m just working on setting up. You can see it by visiting The Passion Advocate. Please keep in mind this is a completely unfinished site, so we haven’t even integrated all of the networks at this time. however, you’ll be able to get a good idea of the way it looks and operates. I have hers set up to actually share individual pages and posts for a more accurate record of what content has the greatest reach.
I’ve just added the toolbar to my own site, and I’m excited to see what further developments this team continues to make!
© 2012, reflectingthedesigner.com. All rights reserved.