Become a Contributor
Reflecting the Designer aims to provide professional resources for website designers, developers, and bloggers in the form of tips, tutorials, and spotlights. You can help make this happen by contributing your own expertise to the site. Not only will you be featured on a high page ranking site, but you will also have the chance to broaden your networking ability. See the requirements below.
June Van Klaveren
June owns Compelling Communications, a business established to help her clients attract new customers and retain customers. Her goal is to assist her clients in producing marketing and customer service strategies and materials to bring their message to their clients in the most effective way possible.
She is the author of The Edge Up – a customer service book for small and home-based businesses – and is an editorial contributor to PCT Magazine, and several association publications. She is a speaker on association programs on topics of Customer Service, marketing & communications.
Association & company newsletters, advertising, corporate ID packages, logos, business writing, direct mail, on-screen presentations, press releases, web sites, brochures & marketing and customer service presentations are some of the projects she produces.
A graduate of Iowa Wesleyan College, June’s interests in education and communication continued into her 25-year career in marketing & communications. In 1997 she established her company, Compelling Communications where she focuses on helping companies grow their businesses.
St. Louis, MO
More Author Bios ComingSoon!
- Authors must be design, development, or marketing professionals either full time or as an active side business.
- Authors must have an active, growing website pertinent to the topics of their posts.
- Authors must be considered as experienced sources of information or services relating to the posts they provide.
- Authors must only provide content that they have personally written or recorded. Copyright infringement is strictly prohibited.
- All post text, video, and audio content must be your own. Images must either be your own or in keeping with current copyright laws.
- Must include an image to be used as the featured image.
- Must include the ready-to-publish, fully edited text with desired title.
- Must include your name, title, picture of yourself, and a brief bio.
- Must include a link to your website.
- Posts that are blogging related should be specific to WordPress. Posts that are web designed related should be either cross cms platform compatible or related specifically to WordPress, as well.
- Must post a Reflecting the Designer text link or badge somewhere on your site
- Must not be used to market or advertise a specific product or service.*
*If you are interested in promoting your service or product through advertisement, contact me personally. I do allow advertising on this site through the use of paid links or graphic, but they are all done through my personal recommendation and should not ever be done through a contributor post. The goal is to ensure that site visitors are getting unbiased and accurate information from qualified contributing professionals rather than advertisements or promotions. I will promote an advertisement personally to a service or product that I recommend. Contact me personally for further details.
You may choose to submit a post of your choice that would fit under one or more of the following categories:
- Tools & Software
- Free Resources
- Scripts and Coding
WordPress Specific Tips
(Artisteer specific tips are welcome but definitely not necessary.)
- Theme Design & Editing
- Logo & Branding
- Fonts & Typography
- Free Resources
- Print Design
- Software & Tools
- Marketing & Mailers
- Social Networking
- Affiliate Programs
Links & Badges
If you prefer to use a text link instead of a graphic, please use the following format.
- Exact text to be linked: Reflecting the Designer
- Link URL: http://reflectingthedesigner.com/wordpress
- Example Usage:
“I’m a featured author at Reflecting the Designer”
“I’m a content contributor for Reflecting the Designer
If you would prefer to use a graphic but don’t see the size or style you prefer, please contact me to discuss other options.